Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bish

While roaming across cyber space in search of e-books, I’d stumbled upon murchona.com and seemed to strike gold at this remarkable site that features variety of books only to be freely downloaded by the eager readers. The next few days saw me glued to the site fervently downloading them one by one without paying heed to what I was downloading. This had continued until very recently when I sat down to go through them one by one. Bish was one of the Suchitra Bhattacharyya mystery stories featuring her sleuth Mitin that I’d picked from the site.

The story starts with a Mrs. Labanya Majumder, a 45 year old who seeks Mitin’s help from a possible slow poisoning that she thinks her husband is employing to get rid of her. But Mitin fails to find a motive for it and thinks that Labanya is just some woman in the verge of a nervous breakdown. To soothe down the woman she advises her to have her blood checked. But alas, Mitin’s theory is shattered when within days Labanya was found dead by the administration of poison. Now she has to find the murderer as well as the motive and a fantastic finish awaits the readers.

Though the plot is good but the story is quite short and I felt a slightly longer version was due for the correct evolution of the plot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

anirban said...

thank u very much!! do read some more & leave ur suggesstions!!