Tuesday, March 06, 2012

A Difficult Problem

Little did I knew of Anna Katharine Green and her writing when I stumbled upon her name among the list of some of the greatest writers of crime fictions. Infact knowing her and while searching among my possessions of ebooks, I was surprised to find that I had, with me, some of her works but had never went through them. So with the help of Project Gutenberg, I collected several of them and picked up this short story to sample her creation.
A Difficult Problem is less of detection but more of a story where the truth seaker lay down trap to convict the guilt on the perpetrator. Narrated in first person by the detective whose name remains unknown throughout, the story follows him as he tries to convict a person of a murder that on the first, seemed not to be recongnized by the authority. The touch of classic added to the story of revenge, the plot follows a nice pace which never lacks in excitement, thanks to the unique style of the authoress. Reading this, my interest grows more as I look forward to enjoy some more of Green's works.

No comments: