Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mandrake and the Black Wizard : In the Phantom's Domain Voodoo won't do!


It had been years since I read an Indrajal comics, the comics in which many tasted the first flavours of adventure. The phantoms’ heroics, mandrake’s strategies and many others that held our fascinations for ages are again back in soft copies. So as I went through Mandrake and the Black Magic and Voodoo Won’t Do, though it seemed childish enough but the same sense of contentment returned, which I seemed to have lost decades ago. In the fictional forests of Denkali, as the Phantom fights off the evil witches, Mandrake takes care of the sophisticated illusionists of the city. But the wizadry that predominates in the pages is that of Lee Falk's whose enchanting narration accompanied by the vibrant images magically transforms the surrounding to the land we left in our youth.

1 comment:

Viji said...


While I was searching for this, I came across Yeh Shaadi Nahi Ho Sakti 2023 and I must say, it's truly fantastic.