Sunday, February 15, 2015

Kolkatar Shaitan

Himanish Goswami's sleuth stories featuring Kittu in the forefront and the actual brains Baghakaka, in the shadows had been my favourite in my younger days. So when I found this relic among the bright covers in the Bookfair I lost no time but bought it at a price that also was reminiscent of slightly older days. But it was a bit disappointing to find that these stories, meant not for young, could not come up to the mark. The first story bearing the title of the book Kolkatar Shaitan was more of an adventure than a proper mystery while the other Khaturiar Jibanabasan had the ingredients and really fooled me with an obvious clue but lacked enthusiasm and it was only Supriyapishi's refreshing snippets that proved to be the highlights in both the narratives.

No comments: